For many of us, 2020 didn’t finish (and 2021 didn’t start) with the change or perhaps the relief that we were hoping for. So where to from now?
There are a few foundational things we can do for ourselves. If they don´t come naturally at first, take baby steps. Remember they are all gestures of self-care which is so important right now.
1. Get some fresh air every day. Try to think of it as a “practice” that is your little piece of me-time. I promise you, it will help your wellbeing and grounding. It may just be strolling round the block or taking your dog for a walk in the park as an opportunity to leave your mobile phone behind and notice the coolness of the air or the rhythm of your breath or how your feet hit the ground. It will raise your vibration, trust me.
2. Acknowledge how you feel. Are you anxious? Overwhelmed? Numb? Restless? Notice if you are dealing with these feelings through behaviours that ultimately offer little long-term benefit (comfort-eating, for example) or if you are being emotionally triggered (such as experiencing outbursts of rage). Learn healthy self-soothing with tapping (EFT or emotional freedom techniques). A good place to start is here: https://eftinternational.org/discover-eft-tapping/what-is-eft-tapping/.
3. Allow yourself to feel your connection to the wonder and energy of life. Whatever the outer circumstances, whatever the weather and the time of year, we can learn to develop an inner experience of strength, optimism and peace. If you’re unsure where to start, join me on the next Secrets of Spiritual Health and Happiness short course.
The next 5 weekly sessions will take place on Tuesday evenings, starting 26 January. All at the same time 7:00pm—9:00pm (London Time, BST.)
For more details, visit: https://www.martinemoorby.com/secrets-of-spiritual-health-happiness/
About Spiritual Health & Happiness
At the heart of all religions and spiritualities is a universal experience that can deliver connection, compassion and profound wellbeing.
How to achieve this deep state of spiritual happiness was always known by the world’s few mystics and hidden from the public. In this course the universality of their method is made clear, practical and accessible.
Based in pioneering research you will learn how anyone can achieve and maintain this experience. It is user-friendly, holistic, inclusive, person-centred, multi-faith, open-hearted and open-minded. It works for people of all faiths and none. It is also validated by contemporary medicine and psychology.
Following the course:
• You will experience a better and deeper connection with the wonder, energy and love that permeate the universe.
• Your heart will be more open and warm. Your consciousness will be more awake and mindful — maybe wiser too.
• You will experience a new level of inner peace, integrity and contentment.
• You will develop a more grounded, centred and flexible attitude, with an improved mood of compassion and care that benefits everyone around you.
• You will still experience life’s ups and downs, but you will have greater resources to manage them with calm, confidence and strength.
The course will consist of talks and experiential guided exercises. Because of the group’s size there will always be space for clarifying discussion.
The exercises of the course include:
• Identify the positive triggers, circumstances and gateways that most easily create your spiritual connection.
• Using simple mind-body strategies experience, sense and develop your spiritual connection.
• Clarify your own language and understanding.
• Amplify, anchor and embed your experience, appreciating how it supports physical and mental wellbeing.
• Practice compassionate and wise care towards yourself based in the ‘Inner Smile.’
• Step back into an attitude of mindful self-guidance and responsibility.
• Appreciate that your whole life is a spiritual journey in which every moment is an opportunity to grow and develop love and mindfulness.
• Be comfortable with unknowing.
• Clarify and commit to your highest ideals and ethics.
• Compassionately empathise with the realities of suffering.
• Practice silent whole-body listening with family, friends, colleagues and strangers.
• Be a stable and benevolent presence in challenging situations and circumstances.
All of the above integrated into your daily life.
Throughout each step of this process I will support you in finding your own best way of putting all this into practice. You can see the core resource here: https://yourspiritualhealth.org/
Price: £90.00 for all five sessions
Concessions: I am offering a concessionary place to anyone whose sole source of income is universal benefit or state pension and who also has no personal savings. This is offered on a trust basis.
This is what a participant has written after the last 5 evenings of Secrets of Spiritual Health and Happiness:
Martine, I have studied with a lot of wonderful Teachers and mentors over the years, I have to say your teaching is the best of the best. Having a Diploma in Meditation Teaching, with the British School of Meditation, I found your approach to meditation so uncomplicated and not ‘bogged down in jargon’. Your approach is both supportive, respectful and deeply grounded in health, science and psychology. I am 62 and have experienced many faiths both Christian (many denominations), Druidism, Wicca but never have I been able to understand prayer, its application or any sensible dialogue around it, dialogue that is not biased or judgmental. If this is a taster of the Diploma, all I can say is…. ‘BRING IT ON”. Barbara Robinson, November 2020
As always, I am happy to hear from you.
I wish you sweet moments to nourish the harder times