March 2017 Harrogate • 8 Weekends
As a Spiritual Companions Educator I am proud to be delivering
Diploma in Practical Spirituality and Wellness*
The first UK course integrating spirituality and healthcare to be fully accredited by Ofqual
- Learn about the health benefits of spirituality
- Develop your own spiritual health practice
- Help others
- Gain a professional qualification to give person-centred and holistic spiritual support and pastoral care.
- Become part of a professional network with peer support, insurance scheme and ongoing CPD.
- Set up an independent practice.
- Work professionally or as a volunteer in multi-disciplinary teams e.g.: hospices, hospitals, schools, colleges, prisons, etc.
- Integrate spiritual health into your current career.
- Acquire practical strategies and concepts that can immediately be shared with others.
- Strengthen your physical and psychological wellbeing through a daily spiritual health practice.
- Support friends, family and colleagues through improved relationships, communications and caring skills.
- Develop a meaningful lifestyle of mindfulness, compassion and service.
The course consists of four units:
- The Science and Context of Spirituality and Healthcare
- A Person-Centred Approach to Spiritual Practice
- Reflective Practice to Support Mindfulness, Compassion and Self-Care
- Giving Spiritual Care in Daily Life
You can read the full Ofqual spec for the course here.
If spirituality is everyone’s natural connection with the wonder and energy of life, I invite you to explore your experience and its meaning for you. It is not only your natural right, but also a crucial social need – essential for personal as well as for community wellbeing. Free of institutional baggage, we aim to incorporate the very best approaches to mindfulness, the development of compassion, and emotional literacy.”
Weekend dates for 2017
25-26 March, 22-23 April, 20- 21 May, 24-25 June, 22-23 July, 9-10 September, 14- 15 October, 18-19 November.
For Application form, venue details and cost please contact me.
* Ofqual ref: Crossfields Institute Level 3 Diploma in Practical Spirituality and Wellness (VRQ) Qualification Number: 601/8673/2 Sector Subject Area: Health and social care.